Retail Sales Assistant
The Royal Albert Hall
For nearly 150 years we have been inspiring artists and audiences worldwide with the magic of the iconic Royal Albert Hall; creating life-enriching, unforgettable experiences for everyone. Hosting over 380 events in the main auditorium and more than 400 in other smaller spaces, it stands true to the vision of Prince Albert in promoting an understanding and appreciation of the Arts and Sciences. As a charity, the Hall is dedicated to maintaining the Grade 1 listed building and to giving access to all, through an eclectic mix of events, a thriving education programme and a range of daytime activities.
On behalf of the Royal Albert Hall, the Esprit group is looking for retail sales assistants to join our team to provide a warm welcome to the venue and deliver excellent customer service and ambitious retail sales targets.
Successful candidates will enjoy engaging with people from all walks of life, deliver sector leading retail sales and acting as an ambassador for the Hall and promoting its facilities and services with a natural flair and an enthusiasm for our charitable aims. You will also have a positive, proactive and confident approach to go the extra mile to create unforgettable experiences for customers.
The role is Temp with Full-time hours available for the right candidates. Previous retail and customer service experience is essential to the role.
Duties will include
- Providing a warm welcome to all visitors
- Delivering sector leading sales targets
- Processing tours tickets
- Processing cash and card payments
- Restocking and visual merchandise to ensure the shop floor is well presented clean and tidy
- Picking and Packing of online orders
- Providing excellent customer service
- Ensuring the smooth running of a growing business
Candidates must have
- Experience in retail sales
- Experience working under pressure in a high volume environment
- Cash and card handling experience
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communications skills and ability to interact with a diverse audience
- 1stclass presentation
- Ability to work in a small team
- A proactive and disciplined approach to work
- Interest and passion for the arts
Successful candidates will enjoy:
- £9.00 per hour, paid bi-weekly
- Working at one of London's most iconic venues
- A friendly and supportive company, with Investor in People accreditation, that cares about its team