The Esprit Group is currently looking to hire a Sous Chef to work full time at the Chessington World of Adventures Resort Hotels.
There are 3 Restaurants and a large Conference Centre on site, with over 850 sleepers per night, both breakfast and dinner are busy!
The Sous Chef will be responsible for supporting the Head Chef in creating and supervising the production of high quality food dishes in line with revenue and cost targets, across 3 different kitchens. In the absence of the Head Chef; Sous Chef will oversee all aspects of the smooth-running of the kitchens to ensure SOP’s and guest satisfaction are maintained.
- To support the Head Chef in the day to day operational challenges of running a successful kitchen within the hotel.
- To deputise and be responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen and excellent food production within the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Work closely with the Head Chef and kitchen team to ensure all cleaning programmes are carried out and that each member of the team maintains maximum cleanliness in their work areas and appearance.
- Ensure strict compliance of self and team with all relevant Health, Hygiene and Safety legislation requirements.
- Establish and maintain excellent communication links between the team and Head Chef.
- Inspire excellent food production delivery and presentation at all times; using recipes and menu cards where appropriate.
- To ensure all cleaning materials and equipment within the kitchen are used in conjunction with manufacturers’ specifications and as instructed in the SOP’s.
- To ensure compliance of self and kitchen team to SOP’s and company regulations.
- Assist the Head Chef to lead a positive and professional team - with a focus on guest satisfaction, quality food delivery and development of a highly trained team.
We are looking for the following skills and experience;
- Experience of a similarly fast-paced food environment, so you’ll be used to providing great service and running a busy shift.
- A strong passion for food and a genuine interest in the catering industry.
- Relevant food hygiene certificate
- Providing help to all kitchen team members will be important to you, and wanting to share your experience whilst gaining knowledge to grow within Merlin.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to gain the respect and trust of the hardworking team.
- A professional approach to your work with a team commitment and sense of fun.
This role is full time, permanent, averaging 40 hours per week working 5 days out of 7. This will include weekends and bank holidays and you will need to be flexible to cover a variety of shifts.
A competitive hourly rate of £13.00 and 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)