Senior Sous Chef
The Esprit Group is currently looking to hire a Senior Sous Chef to work full time at the Chessington World of Adventures Resort Hotels.
There are 3 Restaurants and a large Conference Centre on site, with over 850 sleepers per night, both breakfast and dinner are busy!
The Senior Sous Chef’s main responsibility will be to oversee and run the Temple Restaurant, a large buffet style restaurant that can serve up to 600 guests.
Other duties will be to assist the Head Chef in creating and supervising the production of high-quality food dishes in line with revenue and cost targets. In the absence of the Head Chef; Sous Chef will oversee all aspects of the smooth-running of the kitchens to ensure SOP’s and guest satisfaction are maintained.
- To oversee and run, alongside a team of chef’s, the Temple restaurant - Ensuring the restaurant is ready for service, all prep has been done and the presentation of the of the food is of the highest standard
- To support the Head Chef in the day to day operational challenges of running a successful kitchen within the hotel.
- To deputise and be responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen and excellent food production within the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Work closely with the Head Chef and kitchen team to ensure all cleaning programmes are carried out and that each member of the team maintains maximum cleanliness in their work areas and appearance.
- Ensure strict compliance of self and team with all relevant Health, Hygiene and Safety legislation requirements.
- Establish and maintain excellent communication links between the team and Head Chef.
- Inspire excellent food production delivery and presentation at all times; using recipes and menu cards where appropriate.
- To ensure all cleaning materials and equipment within the kitchen are used in conjunction with manufacturers’ specifications and as instructed in the SOP’s.
- To ensure compliance of self and kitchen team to SOP’s and company regulations.
- Assist the Head Chef to lead a positive and professional team - with a focus on guest satisfaction, quality food delivery and development of a highly trained team.
Role will pay up to £28,000
Working for a world wide company