Merchandise Sales Assistant
The Royal Albert Hall
For nearly 150 years we have been inspiring artists and audiences worldwide with the magic of the iconic Royal Albert Hall; creating life-enriching, unforgettable experiences for everyone. Hosting over 380 events in the main auditorium and more than 400 in other smaller spaces, it stands true to the vision of Prince Albert in promoting an understanding and appreciation of the Arts and Sciences. As a charity, the Hall is dedicated to maintaining the Grade 1 listed building and to giving access to all, through an eclectic mix of events, a thriving education programme and a range of daytime activities.
On behalf of the Royal Albert Hall, the Esprit group is looking for Merchandise Sales Assistants to join the exisiting team - You will provide a warm welcome to guests and deliver sector leading sales of programmes and merchandise with excellent customer service.
Successful candidates will enjoy engaging with people from all walks of life, be confident with selling and upselling products and acting as an ambassador for the venue and promoting its facilities and services. You will also have a positive, proactive and confident approach to engage with customers to maximise sales and create unforgettable experiences for all.
The role is primarily evening based and operates on weekdays and weekends meaning regular hours are available for the right people.
Duties will include
- Welcoming customers to the building
- Selling and upselling of programmes and merchandise
- Processing cash and card payments
- Supporting other teams with customer service
- Reconciling stock and cash
Candidates must have
- Experience in a high volume environment
- Experience working under pressure
- Strong numeracy skills
- Experience in handling cash and card payments
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communications skills and ability to interact with a diverse audience
- 1st class presentation
- Ability to work in a small team
- A proactive and disciplined approach to work
Successful candidates will enjoy:
- £8.50 per hour, paid bi-weekly
- Working at one of London's most iconic venues
- A free taxi home for shifts ending after 23:30
- A friendly and supportive company, with Investor in People accreditation, that cares about its team
When applying please provide an up to date CV, and a cover letter stating why you would like to work in the Royal Albert Hall.
Applicants will not be considered if they do not provide the above requested information